Are we really this helpless? (Re: isprime DOS in progress)

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Mon Jan 26 03:47:35 UTC 2009

Lorell,

On Jan 25, 2009, at 5:27 PM, Lorell Hathcock wrote:
> Every time I see a post like the one below on this list, I can't
> help but
> feel like big brother has infiltrated the list.

Someone stating the obvious implications of the lack of the Internet
operations community to address a known problem that threatens pretty
much anyone on the Internet feels like Big Brother has infiltrated the
list to you?  Odd.

> There's no mess like the ones government will create for you.

Agreed.  Too bad the technologists haven't been able to solve the
problem.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting laws or lawsuits are a good thing.
Rather, it's generally what happens when an industry isn't able to
figure out how to wipe its own butt.

Regards,
-drc