Are we really this helpless? (Re: isprime DOS in progress)

Eugeniu Patrascu eugen at imacandi.net
Sun Jan 25 09:57:08 UTC 2009

Jon Kibler wrote:

> Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> <SNIP>
>
>> Well, we *could* hunt down the perpetrators, pool some $$, and hire 3 or 4
>> baseball-bat wielding professional explainers to go explain our position to
>> them.  Figuring out how to do so without breaking any laws is the tough part...
>>

> But if they were in eastern Europe or Russia, wouldn't that solution be
> considered standard business practice and thus be legal?

As an eastern european, I can tell you that you're watching way too much
TV :)
We also have law enforcement that can take down rogue cracker networks.
The only problem police has in this matters is somewhat lack of
experience and lack of resources. Otherwise they don't have a problem
knocking down doors to catch bad guys.