inauguration streams review

Jack Carrozzo jack at crepinc.com
Wed Jan 21 19:01:59 UTC 2009

COWs are more or less full sites - so standard N concurrent voice
calls per carrier (check out the CDMA standard if you're really
interested), times the number of carriers. They can do 850+PCS all
carrier if configured that way. If we can grab fiber from a nearby
building that's best (hence why this takes so long to plan), however a
lot of time we rely on OC3 microwave backhaul. I wasn't involved with
the DC guys as I'm in Boston so I don't know specifics of this event.

Re: security, I don't know since I wasn't involved though since all
the planning started so far back I doubt there was much issue.

-Jack Carrozzo