inauguration streams review

Jack Carrozzo jack at crepinc.com
Wed Jan 21 18:49:44 UTC 2009

I can't comment on revenue-generation, though access as a whole was quite high.

We hardly had any voice IAs (Ineffective Attempts, or 'Busy'
messages). Since data can be queued, the only thing that would cause
data IAs are bad RF conditions - we had a TON of 'cell on wheels' in
the area for the event so we had enough carrier space to cover it.

In-network data response times were hardly affected, with switch loads
well below 50%. In-network SMS were still getting to their
destinations in under 5 seconds for the most part.... I don't have any
numbers on MMS or mobile IP data at the moment, though I would have
heard if something horrible had happened.

I'm told that the out-of-network SMS queue was piling pretty high at
one point, to delivery times up to an hour, though they all still got
there. We can't control other network's switches obviously.

This isn't trying to sound like an advertisement - *I'm* not affected
either way if people sign up with us as I'm not in sales, however from
my point of view it looks like we had the most solid network... Our
guys were planning and setting things up since June.

Cheers,

-Jack Carrozzo