isprime DOS in progress

Phil Rosenthal pr at isprime.com
Wed Jan 21 17:27:48 UTC 2009

Hello,

Representing ISPrime here.

This attack has been ongoing on 66.230.128.15/66.230.160.1 for about
24 hours now, and we are receiving roughly 5Gbit of attack packets
from roughly 750,000 hosts.

It's somewhat absurd to suggest that we are attacking our own
nameservers, I assure you, we didn't spend many hours looking for your
specific nameserver to start sending 10 requests per second for the
root zone, and our nameservers serve many popular domains.

Given the attack is still in progress, I can't really say much more
publicly, but suffice to say, we're working on the situation.

-Phil
AS23393