isprime DOS in progress

Todd T. Fries nanog at email.fries.net
Tue Jan 20 20:55:14 UTC 2009

You guys might want to be aware that isprime.com (I am not affiliated or
representing them, just passing on info since friends and I noticed this)
is actively under a DOS where lots of people's dns servers around the world
are being queried with bogus sourced dns requests not from port 53 for
'NS? .'.  This then bounces back to their authoritative nameservers which
are getting traffic overload.  They've asked that those of us that can
should block all but port 53 from the following two IP's (their dns
servers as seen on whois) so as not to block legitimate dns info:

	66.230.128.15
	66.230.160.1

Here is the response from their abuse department: