inauguration streams review

Jack Carrozzo jack at crepinc.com
Tue Jan 20 19:49:23 UTC 2009

Cell networks held up reasonably well for voice, though SMS and MMS
delivery times approached an hour during the event. Switch load in
almost the entire US was higher than midnight on New Years (which is
generally the highest load of the year).

Our network has been preparing since June, and I assume likewise for others.

-Jack Carrozzo
(Engineer at $large cell company whose policy doesn't allow me to specify)