Approach to allocating netblocks

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Fri Jan 16 04:27:02 UTC 2009

I hesitate to put my customers in "the Lagrange point between clueless and lazy" because they're SMBs doing what 99% of the other SMBs out there do.  I have some customers who are in the hub in a multi-site VPN network and renumbering would be very painful.

While Renumbering has all the positives you mentioned, it's a sure way to sour the customer relationship.  Much cheaper, long-term, to set aside adjacent address space.

Frank