Anyone notice strange announcements for 174.128.31.0/24

William Herrin herrin-nanog at dirtside.com
Wed Jan 14 22:06:58 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 1:22 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 10:47:23 EST, William Herrin said:
>> It's more like one owner in a condominium deciding to "test" the fire
>> alarm without first asking the condo association or letting the other
>> owners know about it ahead of time.
>
> On the other hand, pre-announcing "We will have a fire drill at 8PM Thursday"
> doesn't do a whole lot to measure the response effectiveness - everybody
> will start getting their shoes and coats on at 7:55PM.

Tough. One of the greatest difficulties associated with research is
that the researcher is expected to follow ethical constraints which
impair the effectiveness of the research. Things like soliciting
permission from the participants before using them as research
subjects.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004