Anyone notice strange announcements for 174.128.31.0/24

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Wed Jan 14 17:23:35 UTC 2009

Michienne Dixon wrote:
> Interesting - So as a cyber criminal - I could setup a router, start
> announcing AS 16733, 18872, and maybe 6966 for good measure and their
> routers would ignore my announcements and IP ranges that I siphoned from
> searching IANA?  Hm...  Would that also prevent them from accessing my
> rogue network from their network?

It may or may not prevent them from accessing your rogue network. FYI,
given that this is a reachability test, it sounds like this is exactly
the question Randy should be able to answer in the results.

The other keys are, how effective is it at traffic engineering for load
shifting and partitioning anycast.

Jack