Approach to allocating netblocks

Dave Israel davei at otd.com
Wed Jan 14 16:17:20 UTC 2009

If most of your allocations are small, and you don't plan on growing
them very often, you'll probably do better with starting at the ends and
working your way inward.For example,. for /30s, allocate 0/30,  then
4/30,  248/30, and 252/30 before moving in to 8/30, 12/30, 240/30, and
244/30.  That way you're preserving larger netblocks for as long as
possible before breaking them up.