Why no SIDR for 174.128.31.0/24

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Tue Jan 13 11:00:11 UTC 2009

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 09:17:24AM +0100, Jeroen Massar wrote:
>> bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
>> [..]
>>> 	there is some indication that this prefix was assigned for
>>> 	a specific experiment, the experiment ran, results published,
>>> 	and then the prefix was not properly reclaimed...   and so was
>>> 	reused for something else.
>> Interresting that you say that. Still using 3ffe::/24 and ip6.int I
>> guess? :) You clearly thought you needed to keep your 'customers'
>> connected on the 6bone using that block of space.
>
> 	you guess wrong.

Not a guess, it is what you wrote, long live archives:

http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg00270.html has:
8<-----------------------------
bmanning wrote:
[..]
        Sure...  there are only a few left.  Got rid of two a couple
        weeks back.  That said....

        I will announce the prefix as long as people are using it.
        (whine away)
[..]

Other references you probably still have unread in your mailbox.

Greets,
 Jeroen