[NANOG-announce] New Year NANOG 45 Reminders

Joe Provo jzp-sc at rsuc.gweep.net
Fri Jan 9 00:50:05 UTC 2009

Happy New Year, NANOGers!

I hope you all had a good [operationally quiet] end to 2008, and
look forward to 2009 along with this January's meeting in the
Dominican Republic.  Registered NANOG45 attendees will get further
updates sent to the <nanog-attendee at nanog.org>, so please do
subscribe to it if you had opted out at the time of registration,
either by mailing <Nanog-attendee-request at nanog.org> or dropping
your web browser.

We have been working through our generous host Terremark with the
Dominican Republic's government to make entry a smooth process.
The NANOG Program Committee has once again provided an excellent
agenda (http://nanog.org/meetings/nanog45/agenda.php) for the
conference.  Our sponsors (http://nanog.org/meetings/nanog45/sponsors.php)
have also received assistance with customs issues, and are ready
to meet and talk with you, our clued attendees.  Should you need
a formal Letter of Invitation, please contact Merit staff
at <nanog-support at nanog.org>.  Information regarding entrance and
exit requirements (with links to official DR sites) are available
on the meeting website (see http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog45/entry.php).

For those still sorting out their travel, be aware that the
registration fee will increase on January 16 (see
https://nanog.merit.edu/registration/).  Flight costs are about
the same as domestic travel within the US, and the hotel rates
are less than many of our other locations, but the NANOG group
rate ends January 9 (see http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog45/hotel.php),
so if you haven't booked yet, time is of the essence.

Merit staff and members of the Steering, Program and Mailing List
Committees are all working hard to support the NANOG community.
As always, we encourage you to send any questions or concerns via
email, or by voice at Merit 1.734.527.5700.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Joe Provo
SC Chair

--
             RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE