Estimate of satellite vs. Land-based traffic

Martin Hannigan hannigan at verneglobal.com
Wed Jan 7 19:38:30 UTC 2009

It depends on where in some cases. Take Greenland for example. Prior to Tele Greenland possibly completing the Greenland Connect cable[1] real soon now (Halifax to Nuuk, Nuuk to Iceland, branched to Qaqortoq, with xcon to UK and Denmark) I seem to recall that a large amount of their capacity was via satellite from Godthab(Nuuk) to Denmark.

In this case, you're likely talking 100%. Almost all of your remote cases are going to be in a similiar situation ie. Svarlsbad, most stuff above t~N60^ parallel (or so) etc.

[1] Tele Greenland IT News Item (see last paragraph, Brian Buus Pedersen is Tele's CEO)

Best,

Martin Hannigan

--
Martin Hannigan                          http://www.verneglobal.com/
Senior Director                          e: hannigan at verneglobal.com
Verne Global Datacenters                 c: +16178216079
Keflavik, Iceland                        f: +16172347098