Estimate of satellite vs. Land-based traffic

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Wed Jan 7 15:06:42 UTC 2009

I lived in a Caribbean country where, at the time, most of their LD traffic
was over satellite.  While people didn't like it, there were times that
there was no public off-island access for a few hours at a time.  It's just
a fact of life, and people get used to it.  Those who don't buy a satellite
phone.

Frank