Estimate of satellite vs. Land-based traffic

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
Tue Jan 6 20:40:28 UTC 2009

Kevin,

Satellite transport is common mainly in areas where land based
infrastructure is not feasible. In developed nations this is almost
exclusively the case. Satellite latency is far too high to rely on it
for routine communications unless used as a last resort.

Best regards, Jeff

--
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net | http://www.blacklotus.net

Look for us at HostingCon 2009 in Washington, DC on August 10th - 12th
at Booth #401.