Ethical DDoS drone network

Edward B. DREGER eddy+public+spam at noc.everquick.net
Mon Jan 5 17:51:38 UTC 2009

RD> Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 15:54:50 +0800
RD> From: Roland Dobbins

RD> AUPs are a big issue, here..

And AUPs [theoretically] set forth definitions.

Of course, there exist colo providers with "unlimited 10 Gbps bandwidth"
whose AUPs read "do not use 'too much' bandwith or we will get angry",
thus introducing ambiguity regarding just _for what_ one is paying...

Perhaps "abuse" is best _operationally_ defined as "something that
angers someone enough that it's at least sort of likely to cost you some
money -- and maybe even a lot"?

Were the definition clear, I doubt there'd be such a long NANOG thread.
(Yes, I'm feeling optimistic today.)

Eddy
--
Everquick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/
A division of Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - http://www.brotsman.com/
davidc at brics.com -*- jfconmaapaq at intc.net -*- sam at everquick.net
Ditto for broken OOO autoresponders and foolish AV software backscatter.