Security team successfully cracks SSL using 200 PS3's and MD5 flaw.

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sat Jan 3 17:46:43 UTC 2009

For me the MD5 hashes on file downloads are more valuable to ensure the
package is accurate to a byte rather than to verify its authenticity or
integrity.

Wouldn't listing both SHA-1 and MD5 hashes for a file download assure almost
complete confidence that the file is the original one?  I don't think anyone
has been able to create a duplicate file that generates the same SHA-1 *and*
MD5 hashes as the original file.

Frank