Leap second tonight

Wil Schultz wschultz at bsdboy.com
Thu Jan 1 15:58:21 UTC 2009

All of my Solaris 10 boxes stayed up with the exception of the Oracle
10g RAC boxes.

db1:~ wschultz$ uname -a
SunOS db1 5.10 Generic_137111-01 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V490

A friend of mine had his RAC boxes reboot as well, similar
configuration. I've poured through the logs and see normal activity
until the reboot, nothing suspicious and no reason for the reboot.
Seems to be specific to Solaris 10 running RAC on this end.

-wil