Yahoo and their mail filters..

Micheal Patterson micheal at spmedicalgroup.com
Wed Feb 25 19:03:42 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Schick" <chasjs at warp8.com>
To: <nanog at nanog.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:18 PM
Subject: RE: Yahoo and their mail filters..

> We found this issue to be associated usually with users forwarding
> email to
> a Yahoo account.  If spam slips by our spam filters and gets forwarded
> where
> the enduser reports it as spam not realizing the impact on their
> actions.
>
> In the last couple of years we have been not allowing people to
> forward
> their accounts to yahoo, aol, hotmail, etc.  Too much of a headache.
>
> Chuck

I could see that if my situation was where I was forwarding to a
personal yahoo account, but these are business customers that aren't
able to whitelist who they recieve email from.  I just checked in their
domain panel and see no options of setting any whitelisting or spam
settings in the yahoo's business email control panel.  My current
solution is to just move their email away from yahoo competely and just
host it here with the rest of my corporate email users.

--

Micheal Patterson