Yahoo and their mail filters..

Micheal Patterson micheal at spmedicalgroup.com
Wed Feb 25 03:53:11 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik (Caneris)" <erik_list at caneris.com>
To: "Joe Abley" <jabley at hopcount.ca>; "Micheal Patterson"
<micheal at spmedicalgroup.com>
Cc: <nanog at nanog.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 9:11 PM
Subject: RE: Yahoo and their mail filters..

Ditto. They appear to use some strange form of greylisting combined with
blocking. What seems to help is SPF and PTRs that match the EHLO your MTAs
will send. We didn't implement Domain Keys / DKIM.

On a related note, don't get me started on Hotmail. They used to (still do?)
silently swallow mail into a black hole after accepting it. No NDR, no spam
folder, just good ol' mail shredding without anyone knowing. Again, SPF and
PTRs seem to help.

Oh yeah, make sure you're not sending spam to them. That might help too. ;)

Erik

SPF records aren't being recognized, I've been running them for some time
now so it would seem that they're not honoring them.

--

Micheal Patterson