Illegal header length in BGP error

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Tue Feb 24 17:29:29 UTC 2009

We were using PMTUD. However:

1) The link was iBGP and was done via crossever with both having default MTU
2) I tried disabling PMTUD with no difference
3) Cisco admitted it was a known bug, and downreving it to 12.4(15)T
resolved the issue.

----
Matthew Huff       | One Manhattanville Rd
OTA Management LLC | Purchase, NY 10577
http://www.ox.com  | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff  | Fax:   914-460-4139