IPv6 Confusion

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Fri Feb 20 03:15:41 UTC 2009

I probably tied CPE to NAT together in my mind....if I peel NAT out from what these CPE are doing, perhaps a PPPoE/A environment is the only place a L3 CPE will be needed with IPv6 anymore.  FTTH, BWA, RFC 1483/RBE, and cable modems can bridge at L2 and each customer host can each have their own IPv6 address.

Frank