IPv6 Confusion

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Thu Feb 19 03:10:35 UTC 2009

On 19/02/2009, at 12:27 PM, Nathan Ward wrote:

> From other discussion with you, your main concern is vendor support
> for a few things, right?

The issue is that the vendors aren't actually sure what to implement
because there's a distinct lack of standards as opposed to competing
drafts, p***ing contests, turf wars etc.

What exactly do I ask vendors (as a group) to implement so that when I
do, it's what everyone else is going to be following the same path?

Is there actually a set of things that can be put together to work so
that customer can experience hassle free internet in the same way as
they do with IPv4?

My discussions with people in the last few weeks regarding where it's
all at and how I might do IPv6 broadband have made me feel despair not
happiness about the future with this.  It's people inside the
standards bodies that also seem frustrated with this situation.

MMC
--
Matthew Moyle-Croft Internode/Agile Peering and Core Networks