IPv6 Confusion

Steven M. Bellovin smb at cs.columbia.edu
Wed Feb 18 23:00:34 UTC 2009

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:40:02 -0500
Leo Bicknell <bicknell at ufp.org> wrote:

> And let me ask you this question, why do the operators have to go to
> the IETF?  Many of us have, and tried.  I can't think of a single
> working group chair/co-chair that's ever presented at NANOG and asked
> for feedback.  If the IETF wants this to be a two way street actions
> would speak louder than words.

Without going into details, I have spoken at NANOG, and I've been a WG
chair, an IAB member, and an AD.  Randy has been an AD.  I can think of
several other ADs and IAB members who have frequently attended NANOG.

I'm not saying it's perfect -- far from it! -- but the issue isn't
nearly that one-sided.