IPv6 Confusion

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Feb 18 07:41:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Oh, so you want the $50 almost-but-not-quite-functional CPE device which
> causes headaches for you and your techies, complete with
> almost-but-not-quite "upgrade" firmware updates which somewhat-wierdly
> subtly break existing functionality for a
> small-but-statistically-annoying portion of your userbase.
> Gotcha!

For my USD30 a month 24 megabit ADSL2 residential broadband service, yes,
you got it right, apart from that the cost should probably be more in the
USD20-30 range. But at this point in the development cycle, I was more
expecting this functionality in the USD100+ high-end consumer
NAT/wifi-gateways.

For the corporate offering with managed service, no, I do want something
better there.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se