IPv6 Confusion

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Feb 18 07:18:17 UTC 2009

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, David Conrad wrote:

> Suggestion: next time you buy equipment from competing vendors, tell the
> sales folk from the losing vendors that one deciding factor was (vendor
> or product) IPv6 support. That (and perhaps only that) will get their
> attention... :-)

Well, considering how very few vendors actually support IPv6, it's hard to
find proper competition. Even the companies who do support IPv6 very well
in some products, not all their BUs do on their own products (you know who
you are :P ).

I'm hopeful though, I see more and more references to IPv6 show up in
product powerpoint presentations, so it's moving in the right direction.

>> If any CPE NAT box vendor comes around and has 6to4 with proper IPv6, I'll
>> happily recommend all our customers who want IPv6 to buy that perticular
>> box.
>
> Apple Airport Extreme? (Seems to work, but I don't know how standards
> conformant it is)

Too expensive.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se