IPv6 Confusion

Joe Provo nanog-post at rsuc.gweep.net
Tue Feb 17 22:02:07 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:28:11AM -0800, Tony Hain wrote:
[snip]
> starts with IP" and runs alongside IPv4 (like we used to do with decnet,
> sna, appletalk...), you will be comforted in all the similarities. You will

This is highly amusing, as for myself and many folks the experience
of these 'other protocols', when trying to run in open, scalable,
and commercially-viable deployments, was to encapsulate in IP(v4)
at the LAN/WAN boundary.  It is no wonder that is the natural reaction
to IPv6 by those who have survived and been successful with such
operational simplicity.

Cheers,

Joe

--
             RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE