97.128.0.0/9 allocation to verizon wireless

Skywing Skywing at valhallalegends.com
Mon Feb 9 04:22:29 UTC 2009

I think that you've got a bit of a logic fault here.  You seem to be assuming that because you can't find any external any sign of Verizon preparing for IPv6, that they're definitely not doing so.

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't (your -guess- is as good as mine), but that process is not necessarily going to be broadcast to the entire world.  Especially after the earlier thread via customer IPv6 rollouts by ISPs, I think it should be fairly evident that there can be nontrivial "backend" plumbing work needed to get things IPv6 ready, not all of which is necessarily going to be inherently customer-visible for all stages of progress.

- S