L3: Google from DC via the Netherlands?

TJ trejrco at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 17:03:39 UTC 2009

IMHO, off the top of my head, on a weekend where I haven't had enough coffee
yet:

     3. Anycasted DNS Providers? Not sure how they could fix it, other than
        flag certain domains as special, and do something special for them,
        but man that smells like a hack.

Anycast is a good thing, but when geo-location style concerns are factored
in maybe they should have region-based anycast addresses.

Interestingly, with Google there could be another similar concern WRT the
IPv6 "trusted tester program" (or whatever the correct name of that is)
where the DNS resolver / organization could have sufficient IPv6
connectivity to qualify, but that capability might not expand to the clients
of / hosts within the service.

/TJ

Google