v6 & DSL / Cable modems [was: Private use of non-RFC1918 IP space

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Sat Feb 7 05:14:51 UTC 2009

Tell ya what Owen,
When you can show me residential grade CPE which has a DECENT stateful
firewall then PLEASE let me know.

Needs to do other things well, not crash, not cost hundreds of
dollars, supportable, does VOIP, WIFI etc are manufacturer supported
etc.   Of course, it needs to do IPv6 as well.

(it's easy to say Owen, but quite frankly, the reality from my side of
the fence as an operator is that it's not the norm).

MMC