One /22 Two ISP no BGP

Michael Smith msmith at internap.com
Fri Feb 6 17:22:51 UTC 2009

That is a possible scenario.  If they are willing to tie the static route to their interface toward your net, that static route would be dynamically removed.  Also, technologies like cisco's ip-sla would get you part of the way there. If they won't run bgp with you, one of the static route options is probably your only reasonable hope.  All of the above are inferior to bgp.

The best advice that I've heard thusfar is to deal with this the best way possible, and then start shopping.