[Update] Re: New ISP to market, BCP 38, and new tactics

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Wed Feb 4 02:10:02 UTC 2009

Skeeve Stevens wrote:
> Agreed.  Keeping it separate works very well.  Can be the same interface
> sure... but do it as a separate session.

Yeah, that's what I thought, and that is exactly what I've been doing
thus far.

I was hoping to have a v6-only core, but in order to get the current
project done, I'll have to stay with your (and Nathan's) recommendation.

I'm not ready for MPLS (but I am interested in the theory of it's
purpose), so when I'm done what I'm doing now, I'll look at it. At that
time, if implemented, I'll be the most complex, smallest ISP in Canada ;)

This has been an awesome journey, and I've learnt an immense amount via
all of the recommendations, reading and exercising.

Thanks guys,

Steve