Chinese bgp metering story

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Fri Dec 18 18:27:21 UTC 2009

      On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Joly MacFie wrote:
    > I have posted sa comment on this from ISOC England on
    > http://www.isoc-ny.org/p2/?p=134
    > Please feel free to add comments there.

If anyone has questions about this, the "invited experts" who managed to
wedge their feet in the door at the Kampala meeting were myself, Nishal
Goburdhan (AfriNIC), and Michuki Mwangi (ISOC).  Any of us would be happy
to discuss it.  We were there by the grace of the U.S. delegation, which
fights the good fight on the Internet's behalf in intergovernmental
negotiations like this.

Note that there's another big fight coming up over whether the ITU should
be allowed to screw up IP address allocation and aggregation.  They're not
just trying to screw up BGP.  Badness abounds.

                                -Bill