Arrogant RBL list maintainers

William Pitcock nenolod at systeminplace.net
Thu Dec 17 00:57:07 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 16:55 +0000, Sven Olaf Kamphuis wrote:
> thing is that it's illegal to maintain a database with "personal details"
> which ip addresses according to various german courts are (don't ask..
> mmk? ;) ofcourse we all know ip addresses identify nodes on a network, not
> persons, but the germans seem to mainain a different view on this,
> despite us isps being the owners of the internet and not the german
> government ;).
>
> therefore we are not even -allowed- to cooperate with trend micro *grin*

You're Swedish, not German.  So that doesn't really apply to you.

I'm pretty sure that if you just update the WHOIS and say it's static
assignments, that they will in fact remove you.  Your network hosts
e-trash anyway (thepiratebay), so I can hardly blame them for assuming
everything on your network is rotten.

> sometimes laws really come in handy you know ;)

Sometimes *valid* laws come in handy.  Citing laws that do not, at all,
apply to you, is not handy.  In fact if you are citing it in some
circumstances, it is fraud.

William