Arrogant RBL list maintainers

Ronald Cotoni setient at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 13:59:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 8:20 AM, Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, Chris Edwards wrote:
>> On Wed, 9 Dec 2009, Michael Holstein wrote:
>>
>> | Their initial email said :
>> |
>> | [snip]
>> | Trend Micro Notification: 137.148.0.0/16 added to DUL
>> | [snip]
>>
>> Oh dear.  I can see why many sites that once used MAPS now don't :-(
>
> It isn't just idiocy like this thread. They never expire entries from the
> RBL, even when IP address space changes hands. The most stupid thing is
> that they will not accept bug reports from their customers, insisting that
> they come from the sender (not recipient). WTF?!
>
> Tony.
> --
> f.anthony.n.finch  <dot at dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
> GERMAN BIGHT HUMBER: SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7. MODERATE OR ROUGH. SQUALLY SHOWERS.
> MODERATE OR GOOD.

Very true.  At my old place of employment a DUHL listed an ip since
before my previous company existed.  For some reason, when we obtained
it, they still listed it. Sounds like a bug in the DUHL bot to me.
Also the standard makes a lot of sense.  You may be on Trend Micros
DUHL by following the rules on SORBS DUHL and vica versa.  Makes life
a pain.