Arrogant RBL list maintainers

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Wed Dec 9 11:24:32 CST 2009

Mike Lieman wrote:
> Is there an RFC detailing that specific text strings must be used for static
> v. dynamic addresses?
>
> I can understanding keeping rDNS in sync, but that's not the issue here, is
> it?

There is no RFC that I'm aware of, but I'd say it's pretty common for
PTR records that contain the IP address itself to be regarded as dynamic
or mass generated. Both of those qualities can indicate the source is
not serious about running a mail server. If one chooses this DNS scheme
for their mail servers they're playing with fire.

~Seth