Breaking the internet (hotels, guestnet style)

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Tue Dec 8 18:36:07 UTC 2009

On 2009-12-08, at 14:52, Mark Andrews wrote:

>> Why would "web browsers" have a hot-spot button?
>
> Because that would be a easy way to implement this sort of thing.

I once thought that PANA was the clean answer to this.

Now the PANA effort has concluded, and documents have been published, but reading through them I can't tell whether PANA is in fact any kind of answer to this.

  RFC 4058
  RFC 5191

It'd be nice if there was a hotspot authentication solution buried in there, somewhere.

Joe

Begin forwarded message: