Ready to get your federal computer license?

Jeff Young young at jsyoung.net
Sun Aug 30 00:59:34 UTC 2009

Having met more than a few people in government IT, all jokes aside,
I think they're pretty well equipped to know when and if they need to
disconnect from the Internet, even without an executive order.  Like
many things in Washington, this all may be an attempt to put the
"public"
at ease by demonstrating the "we're from the government and we're here
to help principle" with regard to Internet security but honestly...

If the President wanted to disconnect the working parts of the US
Government (beside the Judicial and Legislative branches) from the
Internet all it would take is an executive order.

The more troubling parts of this bill had to do with the President,
at his discretion, classifying parts of public networks as "critical
infrastructure" and so on.

jy

currently living overseas and finding all of this very amusing...