FCCs RFC for the Definition of Broadband

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sat Aug 29 02:55:04 UTC 2009

James:

I'm not following you here -- which party has the right of first refusal?

If I had to guess, what really happened here is that the rural LEC is able
to build out FTTH because they are counting on USF (high cost loop support
and interstate common line support) to help pay it, while the LEC in an
urban area receives no USF, and is not able to financially justify it even
with a dense customer base.

Frank