FCCs RFC for the Definition of Broadband

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Fri Aug 28 15:34:43 UTC 2009

Peter Beckman wrote:
>  I like that idea, except for the problem that I don't want my neighbors to
>  have access to the colo, or at least my feed, but I want access to my feed
>  to I can reboot whatever device is connected there.  There would have to
>  be individual locked cages of some standard size so I could access and
>  reboot or change my router out, but could not disconnect or modify my
>  neighbors connection.

And then there's the matter of who's paying for it. Even if initial cost
is covered by the home owners in a new development project, there is
maintenance costs associated with such a setup. If the ILEC is
responsible, but doesn't subsidize costs by controlling all customers or
billing out to the other ISPs, it creates an unfair disadvantage on the
ILEC.

Jack