FCCs RFC for the Definition of Broadband

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Aug 28 14:29:20 UTC 2009

In a message written on Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 09:19:50AM -0500, Jack Bates wrote:
> Looking at just Oklahoma, I'm not sure AT&T could get even 200kb to
> every household for $200b.

For an interesting set of cost comparisons....

In most locations every home has electrical service.  What's the
cost per household?

Most houses have a statem maintained road in front of them, what
is the cost per household?

Many (although a lower number) of "city" water and sewer, what is
the cost per household?

For a number of reasons I would expect Broadband to be cheaper than any
of those, per household; but should definately not exceed any of them in
cost.