FCCs RFC for the Definition of Broadband

jim deleskie deleskie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 23:51:35 UTC 2009

And 640k is enough. When I started in this game 15 or so yrs back the
'backbone' in Canada was a 56k figure 8 loop, running frame relay.  We
moved to T1 a yr or so later.  Buy the time I left Canada to work for
internetMCI a yr later, we're @ DS3's in Canada.  Technology evolves
quickly.  Just because some place does not have 'high-speed' internet
now, doesn't mean they will not in 5 yrs.  I sure we could site here
and site all the places in the world they will not due to
politics/poverty/all other bad things in the world, but its not reason
to limit the goals of people that are part of these projects.

-jim