FCCs RFC for the Definition of Broadband

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Wed Aug 26 20:41:48 UTC 2009

On 26-Aug-2009, at 13:38, Fred Baker wrote:

> If it's about stimulus money, I'm in favor of saying that broadband
> implies fiber to the home.

I'm sure I remember hearing from someone that the timelines for
disbursement of stimulus money were tight enough that many people
expected much of the money to remain unspent.

Does narrowing the scope of the funding to mandate fibre have the
effect of funding more and better infrastructure, or will it simply
result in less money being made available? Does it matter?