OSPF vs IS-IS vs PrivateAS eBGP

Clue Store cluestore at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 15:12:51 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I know this has been discussed probably many times on this list, but I was
looking for some specifics about what others are doing in the following
situations.

I would like to run an IGP (currently OSPF) to our customers that are
multi-homed in a non-mpls environment. They are multi-homed with small
prefixes that are swipped from my ARIN allocations. OSPF has been flaky at
best under certain conditions and I am thinking of making the move to IS-IS.
I have also seen others going to private AS and running eBGP. This seems a
bit much, but if it works, i'd make the move to it as I like bgp the most
(all of the BGP knobs give me the warm and fuzzies :).

I'd also like to see what folks are using in a MPLS network?? OSPFv3 or
IS-IS or right to MP-BGP and redist static from the CE to PE???

On and off list are welcome. I'll make a summary after I gather the info.

Thanks,
Clue