Anyone else seeing "(invalid or corrupt AS path) 3 bytes E01100" ?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Aug 17 22:50:33 UTC 2009

On Aug 17, 2009, at 6:45 PM, deleskie at gmail.com wrote:

> I'd have to _assume_ that a lot of those impacted don't have a maint
> contract with their router vendor of choice and therefore don't have
> an easy path to upgrade.
> -jim

Cisco gives out free software upgrades for any security(PSIRT) issue.

Take the recent 4-byte asn crash advisory:

-- snip --
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/products_security_advisory09186a0080aea4c9.shtml

Customers should have their product serial number available and be
prepared to give the URL of this notice as evidence of entitlement to
a free upgrade. Free upgrades for non-contract customers must be
requested through the TAC.

-- snip --

I would view this as an active attack against the internet
infrastructure and be working with the PSIRT team if it impacted my
network ...

	- Jared