Request for a pointer - Linux modifying DSCP on replies?

Steve Miller stmille at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 21:44:11 UTC 2009

Would not the end station be considered to be outside of the DS
domain?  It does not necessarily make sense (to me) for reply packets
to be marked unless they are appropriate classified and marked on the
return path at the point they re-enter the DS domain.

I would imagine that iptables and the DSCP target would do what you
wanted, yes.  I'd consider classifying and marking traffic at whatever
switch you would consider to be at the edge of the DS domain
(connected to this server.)

-Steve

--
Steve Miller, CCIE #23977 (R&S), RHCE
Key fingerprint = 5CE3 A789 4CF5 666F 5CD6  2A8E 3132 77C7 483F 5F9D