NANOG Program Committee Nominations open September 08 2009

David Meyer dmm at 1-4-5.net
Wed Aug 12 15:09:09 UTC 2009

	Folks,

	Following up on Joe's message, I wanted to remind folks
	that we are approaching the annual NANOG election and
	appointment time, and to ask you to consider nominating
	qualified folks for the NANOG Program Committee. The
	Program Committee is a group of sixteen individuals from
	the NANOG community who together are responsible for the
	solicitation and selection of material for NANOG meeting
	Programs.

	A new Program Committee will be selected by the Steering
	Committee after the election in October.  Eight positions
	are to be filled.  The currently-serving Program
	Committee members whose terms are expiring are Joel
	Jaeggli, Rodney Joffe, Sylvie LaPerriere, Kevin Oberman,
	Lane Patterson, Ren Provo, Josh Snowhorn and Todd
	Underwood.  Furthermore, Joel, Ren, Josh and Todd have
	all served two consecutive terms so per the charter, they
	cannot be considered for another Program Committee
	appointment until October 2010.

	Important Dates:

	PC Nominations begin:				   Sep 08 2009
	PC Candidate Information posted/nominations close: Oct 19 2009
        New PC appointed:				   Oct 22 2009

	Please consider nominating those people who meet the
	criteria set forth in the charter [0] and who will are
	interested in helping to continue (and improve) the
	overall quality of the NANOG program.

	Thanks,

	Dave

	(for the NANOG Program Committee)