Residential BW Planning

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Wed Aug 12 03:06:04 UTC 2009

We have calculated our customers peak b/w usage between 20 and 60 kbps/user,
spread across a wide variety of users and wide range of speeds (128/128 up
to 15000/1000 kbps).  You only need a few heavy users to skew things.  But
400 at 4 Mbps would make me think that 20 to 30 Mbps would be sufficient.

Frank