Dan Kaminsky

Ben Scott mailvortex at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 22:26:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Jorge Amodio <jmamodio at gmail.com> wrote:
> At some time in the future and when a new paradigm for the user interface is
> conceived, we may not longer have the end user “typing” a URL, the DNS or
> something similar will still be in the background providing name to address
> mapping but there will be no more monetary value associated with it or that
> value will be transferred to something else.

  We're already there.  It's called "Google".

  In the the vast majority of cases I have seen, people don't type
domain names, they search the web.  When they do type a domain name,
they usually type it into the Google search box.

  (Alternatively, they type everything into the browser's "address
bar", which is really a
"search-the-web bar" in most browsers.)

  (Replace "Google" with search engine of your choice.)

-- Ben